8 Reasons to follow the Coffee Bowl
- Tradition, like the Cycling Tour this cup is already a part of Costa Rican culture, as it was before the 3 hours of Costa Rica, these are events that the people expect and even if they don't practice or follow this sport specific.
- The beginning of the sporting calendar, with the tournament kickoff the national sporting calendar starts, ranging from Coffee Bowl to San Silvestre Race.
- The start of tennis year worldwide, with the event in Costa Rica begins the tournament schedule of the International Tennis Federation junior high level categories, the first A category in the calendar.
- Historic Tennis players, we are witnessing one of the best athletes in this discipline worldwide, which can become big stars, as they were in past editions Björn Borg, Ivan Lendl, Guillermo Vilas, Juan Martin del Potro, Jana Novotna Victoria Azarenka and Roger Federer.
- Second chances, Usue Arconada (USA) seeded No. 1 comes for revenge from the previous edition which was eliminated in the quarterfinals. Eugenia Camacho national best-ranked spects a better presentation from last year because she lost in the first round.
- A first title, the four top seeds in the men's division still not have a junior tennis championship, achievement they come to search on tico land.
- Jumping to professionalism, Sofia Kenin (# 17 ranquin) won the Orange Bowl tournament category A, now comes the Coffee Bowl, combination of titles that has served many to jump to professionalism. Like her many competitors come by the popularity and gain ranking points.
- More than tennis, the Costa Rica Country Club hosts a tennis party that features a fair where they can be shared with family or friends in the stands of products.