The Costa Rica Open Of Surfing has new champions
In front of 3,000 people who gathered to live the finals in Playa Hermosa de Jaco, surfer Noe Mar McGonagle of Playa Pavones of Golfito proved to be one of the most lethal surfers during the final rounds of the event by winning the Open and Junior category's.
"Happy to get home after several months of being outside and close the year in this way. I think this event exceeded the expectations of all competitors so thank you for making it happen," Noe Mar said.
The Quiksilver surfer said that some of the funds made, will be used in the event that takes place every year in Pavones, which is to encourage surfing on children. This camp will take place next weekend.
To the female final the surfers who achieved classification were Maddie Peterson from the US, Nataly Bernold, Leilani McGonagle and Lisbeth who from fourth place throughout the final, saw his three rivals taking the first place during the competition.
"I am surprised and grateful to this event that came to collaborate incredibly the national surfing and me personally with this prize money that you don't see every day, especially in the female category," said Lisbeth.
Noé Mar McGonagle won a prize of 4 million colones by winning two categories and Lisbeth Vindas won 900 dollars.
- Noe Mar McGonagle (13.66 pts.) – $6.000
- Tomás King (13.66) – $3.000
- Luis Vindas (13.20) – $1.000
- Angelo Bonomelli (11.73) – All Ocean surfboard
- Lisbeth Vindas (11.66) - $900
- Maddie Peterson (10.40) - $450
- Nataly Bernold (9.67) – $200
- Leilani McGonagle (8.90) - All Ocean surfboard
- Noe Mar McGonagle (17.34) – $1.500
- León Glatzer (12.27) - $750
- Leonardo Calvo (8.66) - $250
- Aldo Chirinos (6.03) - All Ocean surfboard