On November 15, 2015 International Downhill cycling event will take place at Ciudad Colon, San Jose.
The 1.6 kilometers track has a maximum height of 1,100 meters above sea level and drops to 840.
As in all Downhill competitions, the winner will be the one with the best time, according to its category.
Riders from around the world can participate as long as they have a current UCI license.
The trial, supported by the Costa Rican Cycling Federation and organized by Colon Bike Shop, will run on El Ciclon track, located in the Senderos Colon Bike Park.
The Individual Downhill (DHI) world-class event will have the following categories:
- Male Elite: +19 years, born between 1986 to 1996 or that are qualified by performance in this category.
- Women Elite: +19 years, born between 1986 to 1996 or that are qualified by performance in this category.
- Master A: 30-39 years, born between 1976-1985.
- Master B: 40-50 years, born 1965-1975.
- Male Youth: 17-18 years, born between 1997-1998.
- Pre-Juvenile Male: 15-16 years, born between 1999-2000.
- Male cadets: 10-14 years, born between 2001-2005.
- Rigid male: +15 years, born after 2000.